Do you sell any product and you’re thinking of Online Marketing? Are you looking for a free online platform to sell your products? Facebook offers you an amazing opportunity to sell your products with the Facebook Store.
Just like the physical shop you have, if you are looking for a means to expand your reach online, Facebook Store is the best option.
This Facebook feature is not only available to major retailers. It is open to all.
Log in to Facebook and below your cover photo you’ll find the “Add Shop Section link”. This feature may appear at random to different individuals.
To get started, Check if You Have Access to the Shop Section
To find out if you have access to the Shop Section feature on your Facebook page, visit your page and look for the Add Shop Section link below your Facebook page cover photo.
Follow the follow steps to sell your products on the Facebook Store:
Step 1: Click the Add Shop Section Link
Clicking the Add Shop Section link brings up a prompt explaining what this section will allow you to do.
To Continue, Click the Add Shop Section button
Step 2: Agree to Merchant Terms and Policies
You’ll certainly have agree to Merchant Terms and Policies on Facebook.
Remember to read them carefully. The merchant terms and policies include essential information likewhat you can sell on your Facebook, refund policies and other terms and conditions.
Step 3: Add Business and Payment Processing Details
Remember you just agreed to Merchant Terms and Policies. Thereafter, you are expected to enter your business details and set up payment processing with Stripe.
If you have a Stripe account already, log into that account first and then click the link to connect to an existing Stripe account.
Otherwise, you’ll need to set up a Stripe Account and then proceed with the following setup:
- Business Email Address (An email with which Facebook Connects you with updates about your shop including incoming orders. It is also used for Stripe Payment)
- Configure Payments (you can process payments for items in your shop using Stripes)
- Business Address (Details needed include Street Address, Apt/Suit/Other, City, State, and ZIP Codes)
Remember to click SUBMIT, once you finish setting up your account.
Note that immediately you complete the above setup, your call to action button changes to a Shop Now button, which takes page visitors to your Shop section.
Sounds amazing, right?
Step 4: Describe What You Sell
Give a comprehensive description of what your Facebook page shop sells in not more than 200 characters.
Remember, the fewer characters the better, but give a vivid description.
Step 5: Add Products to Your Shop
So, it’s time to add products to your shop. Performing this task is so simple, just click on the Add Products button.
You’ll then be able to configure the following details for each of your products.
- Name of Product
- Product category
- Visibility and
- Shipping Options
Don’t forget to click SAVE, once you’re done.
PLEASE TAKE OUT TIME TO READ:
- Facebook’s detailed guidelines and recommendations for photos on the product listing guidelines page. They include the following:
- You must have one image for each product.
- The image must be a real image of the product, not a graphical representation, illustration, or icon of the product.
- It’s recommended that the image is a minimum of 1,024 x 1,024 pixels.
- It’s recommended that the product image has a white backdrop or captures the product in use in real-life situations.
- The image cannot contain text (calls to action or promo codes), offensive content, advertising or promotional material, watermarks, or time-sensitive information.
2. Facebook Guidelines and Recommendations for your Product Description. They include the following:
- The description should pertain to the product only and be easily digestible, making use of short sentences and bullet points.
- The description cannot contain HTML, phone numbers, email addresses, long titles, excessive punctuation, all letters capitalized or in lowercase, book or movie spoilers, or external links.
3. Guidelines and Recommendations about Product Variants.
It is instructive to note that, you can have only four variants per product and variations must be spelled out, not abbreviated. For example, you should say “Large,” not “L,” for sizing options.
NOTE: The Advanced Options tab allows you to set custom tax percentages.
TAKE NOTE OF THESE ESSENTIAL INFO:
- Products may initially be marked “In Review” (similar to ads) to make sure they meet Merchant Terms and Policies, as well as product listing guidelines. So while you can see them, the public may not until they’re approved.
- The default shipping and returns policy on individual items pages states items must ship within five business days and items can be returned within 45 days. This is a policy required of all Facebook pages that use the Shop section and cannot be changed.
- If you want to add more products, go to your shop and click on the Add Product block or go to your Publishing Tools and access the Shop section there.
Step 6: Create Collections
You must have different types of products, therefore, you have to create collections to organize your products. This option will be shown beneath your products once you start adding them to your shop.
Imagine clicking the Add Collection button. You will be automatically taken to the Shop section in your Publishing Tools. You’ll see a Featured Products collection already in place where you can add your best products. Sounds cool right?
To add products to the Featured Products collection:
- click the collection
- then click the Add Products button.
- Select which products to add to your collection and
- click Add.
The first products in your Featured Products collection will appear above your timeline on your Facebook page.
These products will also appear first in your shop, based on the order you arranged them in your Featured Products collection.
Note that visitors to your shop also get the option to subscribe to get notifications when you add new products.
Step 7: Access Your Shop’s Settings
To access your shop’s settings:
- click on your shop’s link from your page’s menu and then
- click on the setting wheel icon to get the following menu options.
The following Options are available:
- The Copy Direct Link option gives you a link to your Facebook page’s shop that you can share.
- The Manage Shop option takes you to your Publishing Tools, where you’ll find a new section for your shop. There, you can add products and product collections to group your products.
- The Settings option takes you to your shop’s main settings, where you can update your email address, business address, and Stripe account.
- The Help option takes you to the Shop Section FAQ where you can learn more about setting up your own shop.
- The Delete Shop option helps you choose to no longer sell your product
Step 8: Manage Your Orders
When you receive your first order, you’ll get a notification. You can review and manage your pending and completed orders in your Publishing Tools under the Shop section.
Once you close your first order notification, you’ll see a list of your pending orders. Click on an individual order to see additional details, such as the buyer’s shipping preferences and address. You can also contact the buyer if you need additional information while the order is pending or after it’s completed.
You must ship the order before Stripe will process your payment. After you click on the order, click the Mark as Shipped button and enter the tracking number (if applicable). Then the customer’s payment through Stripe will be processed. The order will move to pending and your inventory will be updated accordingly.
If you have any questions about the Facebook Shop section, contact Facebook Support using the Facebook Advertiser and Business Resources page via live chat or email.
Shopping on Facebook Pages From the Customers’ Perspective
From the customers’ perspective, shopping on your Facebook page’s Shop section will be simple. When they click on a product and click the Check Out button, they’ll need to enter their shipping information if it’s the first time they’ve made a purchase on Facebook.
After they click Next, they’ll enter their email, phone number, and credit card information and place their order. Once the purchase is complete, they’ll receive a confirmation plus recommendations for other products that are for sale on your Facebook page.
Customers can visit the Purchases (Payments) section in their Facebook settings to view their orders.
When they click on an individual order, they have the option to review the order details, contact the seller, initiate a return, or initiate an exchange. They’ll also get notifications when there are updates to the order.
Orders placed through Shop sections powered by Shopify or Bigcommerce may vary slightly.
The Facebook Store feature is an exciting way to do businesson Facebook.
Be on the lookout for this feature to become available to your Facebook page if you sell physical products.
Hope this information is helpful to you?
Is this feature available to you on your Facebook Page?
Are you planning to add a shop to your Facebook page?
Please make use of the comment box to share your experiences. Thank you!